Writer: Cinnamon Lion
Overall: 4.0 Out of 5
Cast: 4.0 Out of 5
Plot: 2.0 Out of 5
Effects: 5.0 Out of 5
Cinematography: 5.0 Out of 5
Watch this if you liked: “Armageddon”, “2012” and “The Day After Tomorrow”
The Good, the Bad and the Quake:
• The film is not a complete and utter disaster as it is filled with rock-solid action-packed sequences, but the script kind of weighs down the film.
• The storyline seems a bit cliche and predictable as it seems to contain elements from any other disaster movies you can think of, but thankfully the thrilling and fun actions delivered by Dwayne Johnson will fill your heart with excitement and suspense.
• Nevertheless, the graphics, special effects and CGI are absolutely top-notched, giving audience ample amount of adventurous thrills and realistic experience, which will look a whole lot better when watched in 3D.
• It is true that there is nothing new in this cliche disaster film, but having The Rock swinging around in this fun-packed action film makes it worth watching.
• Although they play father and daughter, there is only a 13-year age difference between Dwayne Johnson and Alexandra Daddario.
Cinema Online, 29 May 2015